Instructor Corky Willhite, DDS, FAACD
AGD Codes: 250 and 780
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Every patient can’t afford porcelain, and most people don’t want their teeth “drilled down.” Composite provides fully functional restorations whether it’s a Class IV, diastema closure, shade change, adding length, or any other changes.
This course focuses on a practical and predictable layering technique that can make all of these look beautifully natural. Included will be exactly how to create advanced surface effects like craze lines and hypocalcified spots. The hands-on portion will prepare you to immediately be able to create better composite restorations of all types, so they look more real and last for years.
- Step-by-step procedure for individual tooth changes (color change, Class IV’s, and more)
- How to provide solutions for common problems (worn teeth, diastemas, and more)
- Layering—understand when and why to use each material including tints and opaquers
- Dramatic Smile Makeovers—why porcelain is not always the best option
- Verbal skills that will gain patient interest and increase patient acceptance
- Practical occlusal principles for maximizing longevity
- Contouring and polishing technique for an incredibly natural finish
- Maintenance for many years of happy smiles!
- Introduction and comparison of materials, their properties, and indications
- Hands-on exercise – 3 preps, 3 materials
- Sequential steps of the layering technique, how to utilize a template to save time and increase accuracy, creating an ideal proximal surface and contact using the Mylar pull technique, color blending, and how to achieve an invisible margin
- Hands-on exercise – fabricate a template (putty index) and a large Class IV
- How to apply this layering technique to Class III, IV, and V restorations
- Optional case review with Dr. Willhite – Please bring any cases you would like Dr. Willhite to review.