Instructor Jason Smithson, BDS
Learn a modern, minimally invasive approach to ceramics.
Take this course if you want to learn the latest techniques in minimally invasive ceramic dentistry. Dr. Jason Smithson will teach you everything he knows about ceramics, from treatment planning, through preparation, impression taking, provisionalization, and final cementation and finishing.
Utilizing cutting-edge evidence-based knowledge, Dr. Jason Smithson reveals how you too can achieve long-term success with ceramics. Upon completion, you will begin to understand why some restorations are failing, and what you can do to set yourself up for success.
This course covers the following:
- Inlays and onlays: when do you cover cusps?
- When do you do indirect with onlays? When should you use direct resin?
- Material choices: Classic feldspathic Porcelain vs Pressed Lithium Disilicate; which one, when, and where?
- Onlay prep of upper right first molar – How to go from start to finish
- Create the perfect depth cut that will set you up for success
- Learn how to properly and quickly adjust crowns from the lab
- How to create long-lasting, minimal-prep veneers
- A simple approach to create beautiful provisionals
- Which burrs to use, how to angle the bur, and how much tooth structure to take off
- Margin Designs: horizontal vs vertical margins; a paradigm shift.
- Immediate Dentin Sealing and Gingival Margin Elevation: new concepts for the 21st century.
- and much more…